Over the age of 55?
Did the K&E slide rule on the home page bring back memories?
If it did, you probably attended college or technical school during the 60’s or early 70’s and you’re probably over 55.
If you are over the age of 55, and especially during this recession, you may want to consider contract / temporary employment.
Advantages of contract / temporary jobs for employees over 55:
- There is zero age discrimination - the more experience you have the more valuable you are. In fact, over 35% of our contract employees are over the age of 55... and 14% are over the age of 65!
- The average contract position with us is about 11 months; however, many contract jobs go on for several years or convert into direct positions.
- Contract positions pay, on the average, 20 to 30% higher than comparable direct positions.
- The decision making process is very quick – not the 2 to 4 week process that can be the case with direct / permanent jobs.
- There is no actual “contract” to sign. It is “employment at will” as with any ordinary job.
- You would be paid on regular W-2 along with many of the benefits of a traditional direct position, such as
Vacation and holiday pay
Company contribution on health insurance
- Your benefits would also include all the “employer of record” legal requirements, such as unemployment insurance, short term disability insurance and workers compensation insurance.